The DMEK instrument line - now with an even smaller incision
DMEK instruments by Geuder AG have been providing an innovative solution for the treatment of endothelial corneal diseases for many years. The DMEK implantation cartridge developed by Prof. Szurman is the heart of DMEK instruments. It allows the surgeon to take the sensitive donor lamella without contact as well as to gently inject it into the anterior chamber of the patient's eye. The high transparency of the glass cartridge is also an advantage, enabling the correct orientation of the lamella to be flawlessly controlled during the operation.
Complementing the cartridge already successfully deployed and proven, with the next generation Geuder now enables the incision to be reduced by 20 %. This further reduces the risk of surgically induced astigmatism. The surgeon can select the most suitable version for the particular surgical procedure.
- The graft is taken undamaged into the cartridge by gentle aspiration of the syringe and a smooth injection directly into the anterior chamber.
- There is a reduced risk of damaging the sensitive graft and corresponding loss of endothelial cells.
Smooth movement without Friction
- The graft slides smoothly into the anterior chamber by being embedded in liquid (BSS)
- The streamlined design of the glass cartridge ensures the safe passage of the graft.
- The absolute minimum incision size of only 2.4 to 2.75 mm is achieved by the slimmer cartridge opening used in the new generation cartridge.
- The proven incision size of 3.0 mm can be used for easier handling of "stiffer" donor lamella
Besides the sterile DMEK implantation cartridge developed in accordance with Prof. Szurman the new Geuder DMEK instrument set also contains a range of re-sterilisable instruments for preparing the donor and recipient eye and for the implantation of the graft. All of the instruments can be ordered separately.