SEEING THE FULL SPECTRUM
First RGB LED LIGHT SOURCE FOR OPHTHALMIC SURGERY
THE SPECTRUM OF INNOVATIVE RGB TECHNOLOGY
- By displaying 16.7 million colors, the RGB LED technology provides new insights into the posterior segment and thus new application
- Local contrast enhancement improves the visualization of specific structures in the eye (e.g vitreous body, ERM, ILM, etc.)
- The SOLEA® opens up new possibilities for making vitreoretinal surgery even safer, in particular through the use of a red LED
- Due the narrow-band emission of light from the RGB LEDs it makes the use of additional UV or IR filters unnecessary
- The user-friendly control panel and intuitive user interface increase the safety and efficiency in the OR
NEW INSIGHTS THROUGH RGB LED
The Geuder SOLEA® light source not only meets essential requirements, but also offers new application possibilities thanks to the new RGB technology.
Contrast enhancement through targeted color rendering can visualize the vitreous in central or peripheral vitrectomies up to the vitreous base – here a turquoise-blue hue can increase visibility. Bluish colors are particularly suitable for ablation and removal of vitreous remnants.
Orange-brown shades can be useful for specific contrast enhancements, for example, during the localisation of retinal detachments.
Thanks to the additive color mixing in the RGB color space, the surgeon can use e.g. green hues, to better visualize deeper structures as the choroid.